Friday, June 14, 2013

France Friday, 6/14/13: Thinking about Churches....

Happy Friday,

     If you're like me and have lived in Memphis most of your life, churches are the norm.  I didn't even go to church much until I met Jesus at 16, but I was used to churches being a part of my life. Churches on tv, friends that went to church, church sports programs, VBS.  All of this was a normal part of growing up for me. Fast forward to this past year, and especially the past 3 months, and I've had the opportunity to visit numerous churches for a variety of reasons.  I found myself praising God for all of the great churches in our area, most of which are just a short drive away. And not just church "buildings", but vibrant church "bodies" seriously pursuing Christ and seeking to make Christ known to the communities around them and beyond. 

    And then I thought about France, a place with plenty of buildings but a place where the true Church is all but absent in most communities. As big a part as the Church has played in my life, both before and after I became a Christian, I can't imagine living in a place void of true, Jesus-worshiping, people-loving churches.  Can you?

   God could send the gospel to the lost any way He wanted to (signs, angels, writing on the wall!) but instead He chose the Church  (me and you!) as the primary messenger of the Good News. In just about every measurement or survey that you look at, Memphis ranks as one of the top "religious, churched, bible-believing" cities in the country!  Oh that the Church would rise up and remember her calling!  What a privilege we have and what a responsibility! Let's not take what we have for granted and please join us in seeking to be His witnesses to France and to the ends of the earth. 


P.S. Almost every day we hear, "I thought you were going to France..." or "when are you leaving for France?".  In case you were unaware or if you hear the same questions, please know that the only real hurdle preventing us from leaving for France is money.  We need about $25,000 in one-time gifts to cover our moving and set-up costs and about $5,000 pledged monthly giving ( for four years) to cover our living and ministry costs for our first term. Below is a sample breakdown of what those financial partnerships could look like.  If you think you can help in any way please click the banner on the left sidebar or email me at brandon.burch@worldteam.org with any questions.  Thank God for His Church!



MONTHLY SUPPORT GOAL
4 Churches at $250/month
$1,000
10 partners at $100/month
$1,000
20 Partners at $50/month
$1,000
50 Partners at $20/month
$1,000
100 Partners at $10/month
$1,000
$5,000

No comments:

Post a Comment