Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Word About Support...

Before we began the process of raising our funds to get to France, I must admit that I was pretty unfamiliar with how support-raising is done.  I definitely did not realize how much work it would take.  It sometimes feels like a job in itself.  It has, however, been an amazing adventure.  I know, now I am starting to sound a little VBS-ish, but seriously, there have been so many exciting moments.  Last night was one of those for me.  We had our first "Chick-Fil-A Night".  I know when we talk about raising support, we generally mean money, but last night I felt so supported beyond the financial side.  We felt the love and prayers and encouragement of friends and family and even people we didn't know standing with us through this process.  We brought in $645 total to Chirck-Fil-A and we got 10% of that.  We also sold several t-shirts and got a couple of donations.  So, at the end of the night, we ended up with about $200.  Since I got to spend the evening visiting with friends, that seems pretty good to me!  Thanks to all of you who continue to support us in so many different ways!  We can't wait for every one of you to visit us in France and see what God is doing there first hand!!! ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment