Friday, May 4, 2012

France Friday: Something Better...

8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.

9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
                                            Isaiah 55:8-9

I am a planner, a "type A" personality.  I like to live by the motto "Plan the work and work the plan".  I usually resist when God's plans don't match up with mine.  And then I am reminded that He is God and He has a better plan in mind.  This week, I was both frustrated by a change in plans and then blessed by God working out something better.  We had found a house in Bartlett to rent temporarily (for the next 7 months) and I was just trying to make the specific arrangements since we will be moving out the first of June.  Let's just say that this option is no longer an option.  I began to get really angry that this would fall through with so little time to find something that we could afford.  I felt like the "perfect" house for us was dangled in front of me and then taken away.  Only a couple days later, a friend of mine was able to connect us with someone who has been kind enough to offer to rent us a house temporarily at the same price as the other house.  This house has already proven to be a better option for us in many ways.  Why would I doubt God's provision?  Over and over again He proves to me that He is good and that He is in control.  And having Him in control is much better than having me in control.  I am having to be reminded of that often as there are good days and bad days in the support raising process.  We have had some more great breakthoughs since David went back to France a week ago.  We have also had some small frustrations.  I constantly have to remind myself that this is God's calling on our lives and that He will get us there in His timing and by His ways.  As always we thank you for continuing to pray for us:
  • as we follow up with those that we were able to share with while David was in town
  • as we attempt to schedule more opportunities to meet with individuals and churches and share what God is doing in France and invite them to partner with us
  • Pray for us as we prepare to move in the midst of all this!
  • Pray for the Shorbs, a couple serving in France for about a year now as they seek to move to Gisors to join the church planting team there in this new work. 
And now for a few pics from the week...
                              This is our temporary home!


I absolutely loved hanging out with this amazing group of women from BHBC.  This WMU group asked me to come and share about France with them.  I was so moved by their passion for missions that I plan to attend any meetings that I can between now and when we leave for the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment