Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love is...

"Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you [f]love Me more than these?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I [g]love You.” He said to him, “Tend My lambs.” 16 He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you [h]love Me?” He *said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I [i]love You.” He said to him, Shepherd My sheep.” 17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you [j]love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you [k]love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I [l]love You.” Jesus said to him, Tend My sheep."  -John 21:15-17

On this Valentine's Day, God is reminding me that love is more than what I feel for my husband.  It is even more than what I feel for my children.  God wants to show His love through me.  He wants me to "take care of his sheep"...here while we are here and someday in France.  I know I have said it before, but it becomes so easy for me to get caught up in the everyday routine chaos of life and forget what He has called me to.  I want to ask for your prayer.  Recruiting people to partner with us, particularly financially is one of the biggest steps we are taking right now in our journey back to France to do churhc planting.  I am having a very hard time with it.  I am not sure if it is my pride or just that the concept of asking people for money is somewhat foreign to me.  I know that God wants to use others in the sending just as He wants to use us by going.  I am learning to trust His timing more every day, but I also know that I have to be obedient.  If you would pray for us as we overcome our fears of asking, we would greatly appreciate it.  Also, if you would like to find out more about how you can partner with us, please check out the giving page here.  Thanks again for following our blog.  And, as always... pics of my Valentines littles...


No comments:

Post a Comment