Sunday, May 1, 2011

Family of Five

























Asher Paul Burch was born on April 11th at 3:24 pm. He weighed 6 lbs 15 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long. He was the smallest baby Burch which was an unexpected, but nice surprise for mommy. The delivery and recovery was much easier than either of the other two. We are adjusting well to being a family of five. Karis and Micah love their baby brother. Neither of them show any jealousy towards Asher. They both love to hug and kiss him and because of that I can't leave him anywhere alone! They are both still learning how to show their love for him without harming him. Karis is a big help and days are really not all that stressful. Nights, on the other hand, are a bit of a challenge. Asher is not sleeping much at night (which I know is typical for many babies) but sleepless nights are beginning to take a toll on me. We are using trial and error to figure out how to get him to at least sleep in between feedings. I know it will get better and I am trying to cherish the special alone time that I am able to have with my baby boy at night. As far as the journey to France, we are in the process of getting "Letter #2" out to everyone. If we have an email address for you, then you will receive this letter via email. If not, it will come by way of "snail mail". If you are not getting these letters, they are being posted on here, Letter one is already posted. If you would like to be getting them, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment