Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I'm not scared!"

My two year old daughter, Karis will tell me "I'm not scared" when she is in fact afraid of something. I'm not sure if she is trying to convince me or herself. I have been constantly telling God (and myself) that I am not scared to move my family to another country and raise my children in a different culture, but the fact is that I am scared! I am terrified at the thought of asking other people to provide the financial support that we will need. I cannot imagine how much my life will change over the next few years, and I must admit, change and I do not get along!! Last night Brandon was telling me about a blog of a girl who must have been scared out of her mind, but she was obedient to God's call. She did not hesitate at all, and the cost was great. I was reading some of her posts in tears and at the same time truly inspired. I am scared, but I am called by God and so I know that He will provide for our needs. I wanted to give you the link to this blog. It is an amazing story. You should definitely check it out, but grab a box of tissues first!...www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Michelle! This post brought me near to tears - I didn't even look at the other blog yet! How deeply I resonate with your sentiments. Stay strong in the Lord, sister and call me if you need a good cry - I'll cry with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just wrote about this girl the other day on my blog...isn't her story amazing & inspiring! :) your story is as well...just being available to God to lead you - even if it means being far from your comfort zone. i am so excited about what God is doing in your life!

    ReplyDelete